Choosing an accountant is an important decision which should be considered carefully.
Here are our top ten questions to help you navigate and decide which firm is right for you :
- What specialisms do they have that could help you?
- How responsive are they to answering your questions ?
- Is the accountant qualified to work in public practice? E.g. member of the ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS etc.
- Does the firm hold a practising certificate?
- How many years relevant experience do they have in your industry?
- Have they been recommended by a trusted source or existing clients of the firm?
- Are they a forward looking firm and technology savvy?
- Do they use cloud accounting e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, Freeagent?
- How large is their Team?
- How many locations do they operate from? Any office near to me? What if I relocate?